Teacher training Base II
LEVEL I TEACHER MENTORSHIP AND TRAINING
Training or mentoring in the teaching of the LEVEL 1 (formerly “Base 2”) program is offered for people who are already experienced and wish to share this teaching in the form of a course to be given or simply to deepen it for their own personal research. It will prepare for obtaining a certificate of aptitude for teaching after validation of evaluations which may be organized by AFYI in 2024. At least three years of regular courses at the Center are required. Yoga Iyengar in Marseille or with another certified teacher of the Iyengar in France or elsewhere; for people living in other regions and unable to come and attend class regularly, these sessions are accessible, organized in small groups limited to 14 people and will start in autumn 2021 until fall 2024. Please contact us for details. more information, please email
YOGA IYENGAR®, A GUARANTEE OF QUALITY
In recent years, we have witnessed a craze for the practice of yoga in France and around the world. This leads to a proliferation of styles of yoga as well as the number of practitioners.
In this general effervescence, how has Iyengar® yoga managed to regularly integrate many practitioners and teachers while preserving its essence, ethics and integrity?
This training will consist of the theory and practice of teaching basic asanas and pranayamas of B.K.S. Iyengar
in this case all the asanas on the list of the syllabus of Geeta Iyengar “Preliminary Course”, available in French and in English.
It will include 400 hours of teaching minimum spread over a little more than three years.
the purpose of this training is:
- to acquire a personal discipline and to be able to practice regularly independently;
- to gain a good understanding of the postures, their sequence and the link between them;
- to acquire a good presentation and a correct sense of alignment;
- to acquire a basic knowledge of practical anatomy and physiology, in relation to the postures;
- learn the use of media in a proper way;
- to acquire a basic knowledge of yoga philosophy: yoga sutras, bhagavat gita, hatha yoga pradipika, upanishads in relation to practice.
the purpose of this training is:
- to be able to teach a course to beginners
- to be able to teach beginners, by learning the:
- demonstration principles
- principles of instruction
- observation principles
- correction principles
- to understand the relationship between practice and teaching
- to learn to state clear and precise instructions
- to demonstrate skill and attention in observing students in class
- to get some control and some insurance in a course
- learn to correct students with explanations and adjustments
- to learn the sequence of postures and to be able to teach Sirsana and Sarvangasana and to be able to assist the students in these asanas.
EACH PARTICIPANT MUST GET
- the basic material for practice
- the books of BKS Iyengar and Geeta Iyengar
- other books or teaching materials will be advised later
Interventions by external teachers on specific topics will be proposed and written work will be requested from the participants.
It is recommended that applicants practice at home daily as much as possible. They will have to take at least one to three classes a week very regularly.
In the second year, they will have to assist a certified teacher in a course, once a week (these last recommendations are recommended, according to the geographical possibilities) and they will have to be members of A.F.Y.I. , the French Yoga Association Iyengar.
There will be 8 weekends and 6 days per year for the first year of pre-training as well as for the next two years of training, which will be validated by an examination organized by A.F.Y.I.
The foundations of practice:
- study of the structure of asanas.
- study of gradual asana approaches and modifications.
- study of major currents or postural families.
- building a balanced practice and a course around these elements.
The annual A.F.Y.I. is compulsory, insurance included. The first year of preparation must be completed and a commitment must be made following this first year for the two consecutive years. It is essential not to miss a single weekend. For special reasons and exceptional cases, consequent illness or unplanned transport strike, only one session may be missed.In addition, it is strongly recommended as much as possible to come and participate in and attend the regular courses given at the center, as a mentor. .
- 1st SESSION OF INTRODUCTION, EVALUATION and MEETING:
- OCTOBER 2 and 3, 2021
- November 6 and 7, 2021
- December 11 and 12, 2021
- January 22 and 23, 2022
- February 12 and 13, 2022
- March 19 and 20, 2022
- May 7 and 8, 2022
- June 18 and 19, 2022
- INTERNSHIP IN AUGUST TO TARDOUN FROM AUGUST 14 TO 20, 2022
PARTICIPATION IN 8 WEEK ENDS 1600 €
(SUMMER COURSE NOT INCLUDED)