Teacher training Level 1
Training to teach the LEVEL 1 programme (replaces the Basic 2 level) is proposed for experienced students willing to share this teaching in the form of courses to be given or simply to deepen it for their own personal research. It will prepare for the award of a certificate of aptitude for teaching after the organisation and validation of evaluations which may be organised by the A.F.Y.I. in 2024. A minimum of three years of regular classes at the Iyengar Yoga Centre in Marseille or with another certified teacher of the Iyengar method in France or elsewhere is required. These sessions are organised for a small group limited to 14 people and will start in autumn 2021 until autumn 2024.
IYENGAR® YOGA, A GUARANTEE OF QUALITY
In recent years, we have witnessed a This leads to an increase in the number of yoga styles and practitioners.In the midst of all this excitement, how has Iyengar® Yoga managed to regularly integrate many practitioners and teachers while maintaining its essence, ethics and integrity?
This training will consist of the study of the theory and practice of the teaching of the basic asanas and pranayamas of the B.K.S. Iyengar teaching,
in this case the “Level 1” Syllabus according to the constitution of the R.I.M.Y.I. of Pune and the asanas of the Geeta Iyengar “Preliminary Course” Syllabus, which is available in French and in English It will include a minimum of 400 teaching hours spread over three years.
the purpose of this training is:
- to acquire a personal discipline and to be able to practice regularly independently;
- to gain a good understanding of the postures, their sequence and the link between them;
- to acquire a good presentation and a correct sense of alignment;
- to acquire a basic knowledge of practical anatomy and physiology, in relation to the postures;
- learn the use of media in a proper way;
- to acquire a basic knowledge of yoga philosophy: yoga sutras, bhagavat gita, hatha yoga pradipika, upanishads in relation to practice.
the purpose of this training is:
- to be able to teach a course to beginners
- to be able to teach beginners, by learning the:
- demonstration principles
- principles of instruction
- observation principles
- correction principles
- to understand the relationship between practice and teaching
- to learn to state clear and precise instructions
- to demonstrate skill and attention in observing students in class
- to get some control and some insurance in a course
- learn to correct students with explanations and adjustments
- to learn the sequence of postures and to be able to teach Sirsana and Sarvangasana and to be able to assist the students in these asanas.
EACH PARTICIPANT MUST GET
- basic material for the practice of asanas and pranayamas
- the books of BKS Iyengar and Geeta Iyengar
- other books or teaching materials will be advised later
Interventions by external teachers on specific themes may be proposed and participants will be asked to complete a written assignment
It is recommended that postulants practice at home, daily as much as possible. They should attend at least one to three classes per week very regularly if possible.
In the second year, they will have to assist a certified teacher in a course, once a week (these last recommendations are recommended, according to the geographical possibilities) and they will have to be members of A.F.Y.I. , the French Yoga Association Iyengar.
There are 8 weekends and a 6-day course per year for the first year, as well as for the following two years, which will be validated by an examination organised by the A.F.Y.I.
First year :
- study of the structure of the asanas .
- study of gradual approaches to asanas and modifications.
- study of the main postural currents or families.
- building a balanced practice and course around these elements.
The annual registration to the A.F.Y.I. is mandatory, insurance included
The first year of preparation must be completed and a commitment must be made following this first year for the two consecutive years.
It is essential not to miss a single weekend. For special and exceptional reasons, such as serious illness or unforeseen transport strikes, one session may be missed. In addition, it is strongly recommended that you participate in and attend the regular courses given at the centre, as a mentorship expérience.
- 1st INTRODUCTION, EVALUATION and MEETING SESSION: 2 and 3 OCTOBER 2021
- 6 and 7 November 2021
- 11 and 12 Décember 2021
- 22 and 23 January 2022
- 12 and 13 February 2022
- 19 and 20 March 2022
- 7 and 8 May 2022
- 18 and 19 June 2022
- SUMMER RETREAT IN AUGUST AT THE TARDOUN FROM 14 TO 20 AUGUST 2022
- 15-16 october 2022
- 5-6 november 2022
- 10-11 december 2022
- 21-22 january 2023
- 18 -19 February 2023
- 18-19 March 2023
- 6-7 May 2023
- 3-4 june 2023
SUMMER RETREAT AT THE TARDOUN from 6 to 12 or 13 to 19 August 2023
ANNUAL PARTICIPATION IN THE 8 WEEKENDS: 1600 €.
The participation is a global fixed price to be paid for each complete year engaged; any withdrawal during the year or missed training course will not be able in any case and under no reason, medical or other, to be the object of a request for refunding.
( SUMMER WORKSHOP AND RETREAT NOT INCLUDED)