Created in 1973, the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI) in Pune, in the state of Maharashtra, permanently hosts students from all over the world. The instruction is mainly in English. Since many years, Geeta and Prashant, two of his children, continuing the work of transmission by teaching daily classes and Sunitha, one of her other daughters, and recently Abhijata, one of his daughters.
The institute is named for the wife of B.K.S. Iyengar and three floors symbolize the body, mind and soul, as well as eight columns represent the eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga by Patanjali : yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana and samadhi.
The center’s library houses more than 10,000 books in several languages on philosophy, anatomy, physiology, ayurveda, medicine and of course yoga.
- Yoga Dipika : Lumière sur le yoga, Buchet/Chastel
- La Bible du yoga, J’ ai Lu ,
- L’Arbre du yoga, Buchet/Chastel,
- Pranayama dipika : Lumière sur le Pranayama, Buchet/Chastel,
- Lumière sur les Yoga Sutra de Patañjali, Buchet/Chastel,
- Le Coeur des yogas sutras, Buchet/Chastel,
- L ‘arbre de vie , Buchet/Chastel
- Le yoga , joyau de la femme, de S.Geeta Iyengar , Buchet/Chastel